As a well respected and established independent firm of Chartered Accountants based in St Helens, Merseyside, we have a requirement for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
As well as being able to demonstrate your substantial accounting experience and abilities, you should be able to communicate and provide support to your line manager and clients on a regular basis.
The role can be full-time or part-time, as preferred by the candidate. The salary shown is the full-time equivalent, which will be pro-rated for part-time role.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be involved in:
- Preparing year-end accounts for a variety of clients including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships, etc using accounting software and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Preparing corporation tax computations and returns for review by the managers
- VAT returns preparation and knowledge of MTD preferred
- Ensuring year-end company accounts and corporation tax returns are submitted in accordance with Companies House and HMRC deadlines respectively
- Good knowledge of business tax matters
- Dealing with client queries via phone and email
The successful applicant must possess the following skills:
- AAT fully or part-qualified or Qualified By Experience (QBE) with at least 3 years experience in practice
- Able to produce a final set of accounts to a good level for manager review based on UK accountancy standards
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience using accounting software
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Digita accountancy software – highly desired
- Knowledge of Sage accountancy software – highly desired
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £18,000 to £24,000 year full-time equivalent dependent on skills and experience
Please follow link below for further details and to apply: